Friday, June 4, 2010

Two Birthdays





8:08 pm on June 3rd 2009 was Makenzie Rebekah Stockers heavenly birthday. I sometimes wonder if they celebrate birthdays in Heaven. If they do then that much mean they would be celebrating on June 3rd rather then May 3rd (earthly birthday). It's weird thinking about getting a new birthday. Anyway, today many many people celebrated Makenzie's heavenly birthday. I like to use the word "celebrate" because that's what I should be doing. Somehow my "celebrating" means crying. I should be "celebrating" because Makenzie got a new birthday and maybe even she gets to celebrate two birthdays a year now! Wouldn't that be amazing if we got to have two birthdays a year without aging!?!? Sounds fantastic to me! Anyway, we all (massive group of students and a few teachers) went to the Anton's house to eat and gather, enjoy each other's company, and "celebrate" mak's life on earth and her rebirth in heaven. Now that i am thinking about it.. why do we look at those two dates side by side with the slash in the middle as a sad thing? Why don't we smile? It's not a birthday and a death day. It's the person's two birthdays! We should smile. Not cry. But anyways i randomly just thought of that and got of track. (You can tell i am not on my ADHD meds...) After hanging at the Anton's we all made our way down to Mak's cross. There were several flowers and random objects such as a wind up dinosaur there already. The Royal Academy of Fine Arts students all went down there this morning and released balloons with messages to Kenzie and left flowers. We got there and laid more flowers down. Took pictures, prayed, and sang. The weird thing for me was that I didn't cry. I teared up and a few tears flowed but I didn't cry. I almost felt bad for not crying but I guess i was actually "celebrating". I sat here and read all of the awesome comments everyone left on Makenzie's wall yesterday. I think Anna Rigby put it the best way. She said "I miss you more than a little facebook wall post could possibly express". I always look at Kenzie's wall and I try to think of something to write but the words i come up with never seem to do it justice. I think Makenzie knows how much we all love her. Why am I stressing over a silly little facebook wallpost? Anyway, LOVE YA MAK! I hope you had an awesome first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment