Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Makenzie called?


So on November 30th i was in an alteration shop getting some new jeans hemmed for choir tour. While the lady was pinning up the fabric on my jeans my phone rang and i looked at it. It showed Makenzie's picture from Carolina Creek and above it stated "Kenzie Stocker calling". Passion was the next day so i figured Mrs. Stocker might have been calling me to tell me something. I thought to myself i will just call her back later. However, while the lady continued pinning up my pants it occurred to me that Makenzie's number was no longer within the Stocker family. Nathan had her phone for a short period of time but Nathan and Maddie have both received new phones since then. I texted Mr. Stocker to make sure the number wasn't still in the family and he replied with a no. I called back Kenzie's cell and it said the number hadn't set up a voice mail box yet. I then proceeded to text the number "Who is this?". I received no response. By this time my brain was being super creative thinking it was a message from god or something and that Kenzie had something to tell me and maybe i would hear her voice again. An hour later i received another call from Kenzie's number. I answered this time and it was an Indian man. He did not speak english and i tried to say hello? and who is this? and such but he just kept responding with a "no". I have no idea how this man got my number. I have a maryland number so the fact that he accidentally called my number is pretty impressive. You can imagine i was super let down after my brain had been thinking super hard for an hour creating every possible scenario. It was still so weird though. How did the person with Makenzie's number accidentally call my number out of all the numbers in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment