Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Stocker's chapel



Yesterday, the Stockers flew in from Minnesota and did Chapel at LSA. I had been looking forward to this since they came to Senior Retreat at Carolina Creek. They stopped by in Houston before heading to Ecuador to finish the shoe drive Makenzie had started last year. She collected shoes and pestered every individual at LSA to bring shoes in. She reminded me everyday and would say "Katie, i have been to your house. I have seen your closet downstairs. Bring your shoes!" She knew i never wore any of them. I would explain to her that i had an emotional connection to them. She would roll her eyes, smile, and walk away. I had always planned to bring in shoes for her for i never remembered. Anyway, the chapel was amazing. They talked about going to Ecuador and sang songs that Makenzie used to sing everyday at Chapel. I was determined not to cry but i failed. As soon as I noticed tears running down Nancy's face beside me i gave in. Chapel was just like it use to be. Pastor Todd lead it. Mrs. Stocker would speak for short periods of time. Lindsy would play guitar, Kyle would play the drums, Emilie would sing. Except this time it wasn't Makenzie singing up there with Emilie. It was Mrs.Stocker, Nathan, and Maddie. Emilie told me that she loved singing with them yesterday. She said it was almost like the old times. It was amazing and the student body participated in it like they used too. We knew the songs so everyone sang. Anyway, after chapel I missed bible study. Along with Nancy and Emilie and just sat with the Stockers. Maddie, Emilie, Nancy, and I ended up taking tons of pictures with Maddie. Maddie makes the same faces in pictures that Kenzie used to make. =] Seeing Mrs. Stocker and recognizing the familiar facial expression that Kenzie made were comforting. Just seeing them in general makes me happy. When they left, I was sad again but really glad i saw them. Anyway, they are in Ecuador now to drop off all the shoes Makenzie collected last year. Mrs. Stocker has already uploaded pictures from the first day and it looks amazing!! I really wish Makenzie was able to go with them. I still remember her running up to me in front of the office at LSA and saying " I am going to Ecuador!!!" I responded with "By
yourself?" She answered "No, silly". She told me that her mom would be going with her. Anyway, keep praying for the Stockers and for there trip to go smoothly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment