Friday, January 29, 2010

Love of Obama


So as many of you know Makenzie was not Obama's biggest fan. I just realized it's been over a year since he became president. I clearly remember our History teacher sharing his views on Obama and Makenzie laughing and agreeing. Then again, i think Catherine and myself were the only ones in the room that liked him. Whenever Obama came up in a conversation I would immediately try to defend him with the limited information i knew. Makenzie would tell me we couldn't be friends anymore. (jokingly). I remember the inauguration. Our school got to watch it live and students were split up into different rooms to watch it. Makenzie and I were both put together in the same room. We made our way to Mr. Benson's room and Makenzie was going off about how America was making a mistake. (Thank goodness it was Obama over Hillary though. She would have never stopped talking if she got it) I knew she would be talking to me the entire period. We sat down together and I remember the lights going off. Makenzie and I both were scared that some bad guy would do something or hurt Obama in some way. The memory that stands out to me was Makenzie talking the whole time (quietly) about the lady that sang with a big bow in her head. Or maybe it was a bow on her dress. Either way I am pretty sure she was talking to me but i just fell asleep. I didn't plan that but i did. When class was over Makenzie kept talking about the bow and that she didn't like the singing. She was so irritable about him becoming president but when we left i don't think she even mentioned him, only the lady with the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment