Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Carolina Creek




On saturday of last week our class went to Carolina Creek Christian Camp. I was very excited because i knew the Stockers were coming to talk. didn't know just how hard it was going to be for me though. Makenzie was in my group along with David. We were the yellow group. So many things there triggered memories. My bed for example. Kenzie slept on top of me in the bunk beds. I loved scaring her in the morning by using my feet and pushing up her mattress. She hated that. Also, at night we would flip ourselves upside down on my bed together and put our feet on the top of the bunk.. It would restrict our vocal cords and we would lie there making weird noises. I know i have a video but i can't find it anywhere. Going to Key Note there was hard too. Kenzie knew all of the songs and would sing right beside me. I felt strange not having her there telling me to sing with her and play the games like "Man, Gun, Gorilla". She went on the zip line with me and while we sat at the top we freaked out about bee's being everywhere! My shoulder also gave me trouble while i was there so she massaged my shoulder all the time. She gave me her hot and cold gel stuff to put on it. It helped. She kept it with her in her dance bag. By the time i went home i actually had a bruise on my shoulder from all the rubbing!!! I think the bruising was mainly me trying to massage it myself but still.. On Sunday night this time around the Stockers came and talked to our class. Most everyone was in tears. Pastor Todd and Mrs. Stocker gave many of the details of the accident others didn't know which shocked some people. It shocked me the first time they told Nancy and I. It was a very hard trip but i enjoyed it and i knew Kenzie would have loved it too! While Emilie and I stuck around to talk to the Stockers after they finished speaking Emilie hugged Mrs. Stocker and said how the smell was comforting. Em was right. When i hugged her she smelt almost exactly like Makenzie did. It might have just been the laundry detergent they use but whatever it was... it was comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment