Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Locker 199


Boys LIVED around Makenzie's locker. It was almost annoying because guys would be standing in front of Nancy, Emilie's and my locker.. When i approached my locker i would see a semi circle of guys around her. In the center of this circle was Geo. Geo was always at locker #199. He might as well have had a bed there. Sometimes Makenzie would joyfully come to me saying Geo left me this is my locker. I never knew what it was going to be. Some days it was a sandwich other days it could be a play dough flower and someday's it just might be trash. The thing about Makenzie's locker was that it didn't lock. Anyone had access to Makenzie's locker if they wanted to.
Geo would ask her out almost every week and Kenzie would reply with a "no". After
recieveing a no a few times Geo and Makenzie made a game of this. Geo would say will you go out with me? Makenzie would reply "no". This was never a solid firm no. It was a cutesy no. Also, boys would just randomly come up to her and annoy her.... in a flirty way. Not a mean way. A lot of times it might be slamming her locker closed while she was still using it or sometimes it would be knocking her books to the ground and other times pulling her hair. She would reply back to them with a "Stop it". Once again... this was not a stern stop it. It was a cutesy stop it. She would come to Nancy, Emilie and I saying how the boys annoyed her so much. We 3 secretly knew she also enjoyed this at the same time. After hearing her tell the boys "stop it" so much i decided I needed to teach her how to say Stop it and mean it. This didn't work well. Every time she would put this innocent face on and say "stop it" and then start laughing. It would always sound sarcastic. Emilie and Nancy then began helping me
on the so called "Stop it lessons". After a few weeks of making fun of her and several random lessons in the hallway we just gave up. Makenzie was to cutesy and all the guys took it as being flirty. This was one thing that made her get "The most flirtatious" award. I specifically remember her coming up to me and saying " i can't believe i got this! It's so untrue! What is my dad going to say?". We just made fun of her.... Honestly i don't think she was ever trying to flirt. It was just her way of speaking and acting. Makenzie was just not capable of hurting people's feelings. She was to cutesy!
As much as i used to get annoyed with the pile up of boys in front of our lockers it's weird not having anyone piled in front of our lockers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment