Friday, September 18, 2009

It's my life


As I sit in the car on my way to Austin I tortured my mom by plugging my iPod in into the cars auxiliary port. The song “It’s my Life” by Bon Jovi came on. It used to always remind me of camp in West Virginia since it was overplayed in the cafeteria. Now this song sparks a new thought, Makenzie. One of the verses says “Its my life, it’s now or never, I just want to live while I’m alive. It’s my life”. If I could think of anyone who enjoyed life as much as possible it would be Makenzie. It was very rare I would ever see Makenzie in a bad mood. I can actually only think of one time and that’s when I kept asking her for help on webworks and she got fed up. She was always upbeat and if you needed someone to cheer you up, Makenzie would come to mind. While Nancy, Emilie, and I walk down the hall we would end up just going to class without her. She would hug everyone in her path or just stop for a quick chat. Her outlook on life was amazing. It was easy to buy a present for her because she appreciated anything you gave her. Food was her favorite though. I almost would say Makenzie was like a 5 year old. Everything she saw she looked at as if she was amazed. She would just look at whatever it might be with her massive green eyes as opened as wide as they could get. (This was quite big). Whatever it was she would say, “That is so cool”. One specific example I remember was looking at dry ice in Mr. Mag’s room. It sat on her desk while she stared. The ice would spin around with her not even touching it. She loved it.

She was someone you would want to be around because her optimistic personality would cheer you up. I truly believe that God gave Makenzie the ability to get as much happiness and enjoyment out of life as she could with her short time on this earth. I only wish I could get as much enjoyment out of life everyday as she did.

2 comments:

  1. hallo...beautifull girl. my name is Arwan. I live in indonesia at beautifull island in lombok. When I saw your picture, I think that you are a beautifull girl. if you do not mind I want be your friend. and if you want know more about me,you can open my blog at http://marwan-chakep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. my name is ashley toman. ive been reading all of your blogs!! well not all of them but i started today and read until this date. i just actually commented on her facebook as well. i never knew makenzie, but i think its amazing how she loved God so much and loved life. I wish I could be like that. Her story is sooo touching and your friendship is touching. I will add you to my prayer list. For real. I know that sounds weird cause I dont know you. But i can only imagine how hard it is losing your best friend. I dont know how i could even go on. Youre strong :)

    ReplyDelete