Friday, September 25, 2009

Sushi Call


So this is going to be the most awkward blog that i will ever write. Awkward for me that it. If you know me you probably know i had a massive crush on a guy named Evan Lapka for about 2 1/2 years. Yes.... crazy i know. I met him in choir my freshman year and he was a senior. Kenzie was one of my first friends at LSA and i talked to her about everything. Evan happened to be the topic a lot of the time. Makenzie also had a crush on Evan for a small period of time. Then after she got over that she just said he was really charming. One day i would mention Evan and she would be like "Katie you are crazy". The next day she would be like "Evan is sooo cute". Anyway, you are probably wondering how this topic has much to do with Kenzie. She was my supporter. Hahaha. I would receive random text from Kenzie saying "Evan will one realize you are his only true love"..... (This is really awkward for me) But it's true. She sent me text all the time like that and we would always talk about him together.
One time Sophomore year we had our choir retreat. We were making prank phone calls and of course i tried to think of anyway possible that i could talk to Evan. I texted Evan and told him to prank call Sherohman. Kenzie then had an idea... She said lets prank call Evan!!! I was like yessss! She used Emilie's phone and called Evan and left a message saying "We have your ten thousand orders of sushi". We were soooo proud of ourselves for some reason. This is one of my favorite memories of Kenzie. I am n
ot sure why, but when i watch this video and she gets sooo excited when his message comes on and smiles really big at the camera. She sorta liked him at this point too. She said he was "adorable".
When i look at my last conversations with Kenzie.. the second to last one was about Evan. I had gone to Starbucks with my boyfriend Sam. I forgot Evan worked at Barnes and Noble and he saw Sam and I and came out and sat down with us and talked. This was soooo awkward for me because Sam knew I used to be obsessed with Evan. Kenzie was asking all of the details and stuff. It was funny. Kenzie also called me once saying "I just talked to Evan at Barnes in Noble". This was wayyy before Sam. My immediate response was "Did you mention me?" hahahaha anyway the point is, is that Kenzie was my Evan discussing buddy.



(The pictures i put up were both taken with the purpose to get Evan in the background)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! You don't know me, but I'm Kenzie's aunt (Pastor Todd's sister). I wanted to say thank you for writing this blog...I've enjoyed reading these stories about her. As her friend, you must miss her terribly! I know it's been really hard! Keep those memories close to your heart and know that those times with her were a gift from God. Thanks again for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie!!!! I was with Kenz when she talked to Evan at Barnes and Nobles! Lol, I totally just forgot about that till now... :))) Thank you!
    ~Caitlin

    ReplyDelete