Monday, October 5, 2009

Field Day


So today was the first day of spirit week. Usually on this day Emilie, Nancy, Kenzie and I would spend the entire day together goofing off and taking pictures. We did the same thing as normal.. just no kenz. I did the water relay like i always did and missed having Kenzie not understanding the concept of passing the water over your head keeping the bucket upright. Instead she would just flip the entire bucket upside down. I found this picture to the left. Whenever we do the water relay someone falls. Sophomore year Kenzie fell. This year Anthony fell. It was amusing. I also didn't get to see Kenzie doing the orange pass with everyone. As i watched the orange pass today i thought of Makenzie coming up to the fence and telling me to take her picture. When i saw Mr. Bangert monitoring the orange pass i thought about Makenzie standing and talking to him about oranges and the rules. Not seeing the boys fight over who got to carry kenzie for the piggy back races this year was also strange. The task to find the smallest girl started from scratch. I don't think i mentioned Kenzie once today but I was thinking about her a good amount. As i stared at our class it just seemed different. Not having Kenzie do the clothes relay and seeing her attempt to run across the gym with shoes on that were 6 sizes to big for her was strange. I also remember sophomore year and i stood beside Kenzie in the egg toss. Mrs. Stocker was going around us taking pictures. I didn't think it would be that different but something just felt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment