Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just Dance


Well if there was anything Makenzie loved to do, she loved to dance. This past Saturday was LSA's homecoming. Plan making this year was a mess. Usually Makenzie planned everything out for every dance and said "Here, this is what we are doing. This is the time. Be there". This year we tried to make plans over facebook messages between about 18 people. It was a mess. Slight drama was involved. I wished Makenzie was there to make the plans for us. Even though Makenzie made plans for every dance i never once ended up following through with them. Nancy, Emilie, and Kenzie would but i would always end up doing something else. I regret that. ( There are so many things i say "what if"or "I wish" i had done this). They had such a great time. They went on a boat once. I look at those pictures and wonder why i didn't just stick with the orginal plan.
This year at homecoming Makenzie wasn't there to dance with Nancy. Emilie and I are terrible dancers so we both just usually stood there doing our own robotic dance while Kenzie and Nancy boogied. Makenzie would pester me to dance. She would say "Katie, JUST DANCE" She would grab my hips and move them from side to side or pick up my arms and make wild crazy movements. She didn't understand why i was so reluctant. She wasn't there this year annoying me. She would have been so proud of me. I thought about it and i tried dancing. I had a blast this year. I danced more then i have ever danced in my life. Not only did i dance to have fun but i was thinking i was dancing a little for Kenzie. She would have been very happy with me. =] I still have pictures with her from dances but this year after i got home and looked at the pictures everyone took. They were great pictures but it was only Nancy, Emilie, and I. Didn't seem right

No comments:

Post a Comment