Monday, October 19, 2009

The Owl


Somehow as i walked into my room today i looked at my dresser and remembered the necklace Kenzie always wore. It was that owl necklace with something blue on it. It wasn't tight. It was a long chain but today as i looked at my dresser i remembered by birthday party. Somehow during that party her necklace broke. She came up and showed it to me and said look. I didn't know how to respond.. I believe i replied with a sorry but i don't remember. She sat it on the corner of my dresser. Whenever she came to my house she would forget something. She left that owl necklace at my house. At school i told her she had left it and she had no interest in getting it back. She didn't care. She told me she didn't want it back. "It's broken". I didn't pay attention to what she said. I wanted to get everything out of my house that was left from my party. I wanted everything that wasn't mine to be gone. Socks etc. I gave that broken chain and owl necklace back to Makenzie. She took it anyway. I don't know if she threw it away or whatever but I wish i had kept it. She didn't care about it and told me not to give it back to her. I wish i had listened to her. I could have thread that little owl on a new chain. Or she could have even thread that little owl on a new chain and continued wearing it. I wonder what she did with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment